CITY breaks have been neglected by holidaymakers over the last two years, as Brits opted for countryside and coastal destinations during the pandemic.
But as countries reopen, it’s worth remembering how great a short stay in some of the world’s most exciting destinations can be – especially as there are some great deals around.
If you click on a link in this story we may earn affiliate revenue
From romantic holidays in Paris to sleepless nights in New York – we’ve found deals from £105 per person this year.
For instance, there’s a lot to see and do on a weekend getaway in Amsterdam, with its world-class museums and art galleries, canal-side cafes and lively bars – and it’s only an hour’s flight away.
Or, trips to Barcelona are also a popular option, the city that allows holidaymakers to discover architectural gems, parks, museums and beaches all within one holiday.
From La Sagrada Familia to the lively nightlife, travellers will never want to leave.
Three-night stays at the 3 stars ‘Boatel’ in Barcelona are from £105pp, for room only, departing from Gatwick on March 1 with Easyjet here.
Three-night stays at the 3 stars ‘Teatre’ from £208pp, room only – departing from Gatwick on March 7 with TUI here
Four-night stays at the 4 stars ‘The Row’ in New York are available from £752pp, room only, departing from London Gatwick on March 5 with TUI.
Here are the best deals for city breaks:
- Hotel rooms on Booking.com are available from £79 per room, per night
- Flights are available from £4 each way on Kayak
- Three-night stays at the 3 stars ‘Best Western Globas’ from £166pp, room only – departing from London Gatwick on March 1 with Easyjet – book here
- Hotel rooms on Booking.com are available from £66 per room, per night
- Flights are available from £9 each way on Kayak
- Three-night stay at the 3 stars ‘Best Western Hotel am Spittelm’ from £166pp, room only – departing from London Gatwick on March 1 with Easyjet – book here
We’ve put together a list of all the countries Brits can enter without needing any Covid tests.
We have also found the best last-minute breaks in the UK from just £3pp a night in March.
Or check out the best theatre break with tickets, hotel and travel included.