A TEENAGER has told how her eyebrows fell out after suffering a horrific allergic reaction to a beauty treatment – and feared they would never grow back.
Ruby Nelson, 18, was left with weeping and “scabby” sores across her face after tinting her eyebrows.
The beauty technician from Leicester said the unexpected reaction happened despite her using the same product every two-weeks for the past three months.
Recalling the horrific saga, Ruby said she woke up the morning after tinting her brows with an extremely itchy, swollen and red face.
The 18-year-old also had a “burning” sensation that she says got progressively worse as the skin blistered.
She told Leicestershire Live: “I took the tint off and went to sleep and then in the morning my eyes were really red and itchy.
“It felt like it was burning my face, it was honestly awful.”
But her wounds got worse as the blisters began oozing and became really sore.
Despite the pain she still went to work but, after her agony did not subside, she was forced to go to hospital for urgent care.
She said: “They gave me stuff to patch up my face because the blisters were oozing and really sore.
“They said it should just go down on its own but that the swelling would get worse before it gets better.”
But the teen was left mortified to see her eyebrow hairs fall out as they scabbed over and flaked off.
She added: “They were really thin for a while and I was worried they weren’t going to grow back because of scar tissue.
“I thought I wasn’t going to have any eyebrows left.”
The excruciating saga forced her to take a few days off work after she was left looking “crazy”.
Thankfully, the beauty technician’s eyebrows healed by the following week and slowly grew back in over the next month.
Ruby admits the painful experience has “put me off tinting them, I just don’t touch them now”.
She is also going to get tested to see what she is allergic to, to avoid suffering further reactions.