IF you fancy a break while the UK is yet to warm up, then April is a great time to travel abroad as lots of holiday destinations remain above 20C.
We’ve rounded up the hottest destinations you can travel to next month without breaking the bank – with deals from just £165pp.
This article contains affiliate links and if you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue.
Thankfully, many countries in Europe are much warmer than the UK in April.
Spain and Greece boast temperatures in the early 20s, while Egypt and Mexico are much hotter if you fancy a long haul break.
Make sure you check the travel rules before going – while vaccinated Brits can head to Spain and Greece with few restrictions, other destinations may still require negative Covid tests.
Here are some of the hottest places to go next month, with cheap deals on offer.
Spain – 23C
Avoid mainland Spain and head to the islands where temperatures can be around the early 20s.
Lanzarote and Tenerife see much warmer temperatures than the Spanish coastline, with Lanzarote hitting highs of 23C.
- TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura in Jandia, Fuerteventura, Spain all-inclusive from £320pp
- Jet2 Holidays Laguna Park II Apartments, Tenerife 7-nights from £279pp
- Thomas Cook Blue Sea Club Martha’s Balearic Islands, Majorca, Cala d Or 7-nights from £165pp
Morocco – 24C
Morocco, in North Africa, has temperatures around the mid-20s in April, making it more pleasant than the UK.
Marrakech is a great option, as coastal regions such as Tangier will be cooler.
One of the most Instagrammable hotels is in Morocco and will set you back just £13 a night.
- EasyJet Holidays Resort Club Dar Atlas Marrakech, Marrakech, Morocco 3-nights all-inclusive from £249pp
- TUI Riu Tikida Dunas in Agadir and Taghazout, Morocco 4-nights all-inclusive from £335pp
Turkey – 22C
Turkey is a cheap destination thanks to the strong pound against the lira.
It also remains warm during spring, around 22 degrees.
- Jet2 Holidays Eftalia Village Nr Alanya, Antalya Area 7-nights all-inclusive from £366pp
Greece – 20C
The best island to head to in April is the Greek island Kos.
Due to being one of the southern islands, it can be up to 20 degrees in the day, while the sea remains around 18 degrees.
- Jet2 Holidays Sevastos Studios Faliraki, Rhodes 7-nights from £239pp
- EasyJet Holidays Iberostar Creta Panorama and Mare Rethymnon, Crete, Greece half-board from £353pp
Egypt – 30C
Egypt has one of the hottest temperatures closest to the UK in April, up to 30 degrees in some parts of the country.
Flights to regions such as Cairo or Sharm El Sheikh take between four to five hours, meaning you don’t have to go far for some heat.
- TUI TUI BLUE Sensatori Coral Sea in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt all-inclusive from £579pp
- Easyjet Holidays Pharaoh Azur Beach Resort Hurghada Area, Hurghada, Egypt all-inclusive from £574pp
Mexico – 33C
If you want to go further afield, Mexico is also a great choice in April where temperatures hit 33C at resorts such as Cancun and Tulum.
- TUI Riu Lupita in Playacar, Mexico – Caribbean Coast, Mexico from £799pp